Employers must prevent illegal working in the UK by carrying out document checks on people before employing them to make sure they are allowed to work.
Use this guide to find out:
- – what a right to work check is
- – why you need to do right to work checks
- – whose documents you should check
- – how to carry out checks
- – when to carry out initial checks, follow-up checks and what happens under TUPE
- – what documents are acceptable
Frequently asked questions about the illegal working civil penalty scheme have also been published.